eRIVER CITY BLUES MUSEUM f
Museum Spring/Summer Hours
Open Tuesday through Saturday 9:00 to 5:00
Closed on Sunday and Monday
Admission: $6, children under 12 get in free!
* Originally recorded and Rare Records
* Beautiful Acoustic and Electric Guitars, a piano, and other musical instruments
* Rare Photos of Blues Men and Women
* Visitors can play several guitars in the reception area, including a Fender Stratocaster (like the one Stevie Ray Vaughn played) as well as the piano.
* Detailed histories of the blues collected from written accounts as well as stories passed down by word of mouth!
Charley Patton, The first widely acclaimed performer of the Blues. We have a Stella guitar (one of four left in this style) that is alleged to have been his!
We welcome all Blues enthusiasts from the traveling musical scholar to those who simply want to learn a little more about the fascinating story behind the Blues.
The museum is located in Vicksburg Mississippi, off of Interstate 20 exit 4 (Clay Street), drive past the Vicksburg National Civil War Park, approximately two miles to the historic downtown area. The museum is located in a five story building, on the right of the road at the corner of Clay St. and Monroe St.
Blues Lover Sponsors, We thank you!!
McRaes Department Store, Vicksburg
Allison Bullard and David Durst, Vicksburg
Korean Presbyterian Church, Nashville, TN.
|Contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org|